Tuesday, July 26, 2011

I am not I....

I am not I
I am this one
Walking beside me whom I do not see.
Whom at times I manage to visit,
And at other times I forget.
The one who remains silent when I talk,
The one who forgives, sweet when I hate,
The one who takes a walk when I am indoors,
The one who will remain standing when I die.

Juan Ramon Jimenez

Where is your True Self? Walking beside you but do not see, are not even aware of most of the time? Forgotten? Remains silent when you when you talk?

I got a note from a friend on Facebook, saying long time since chatting and asking me to say something clever. Not sure how clever it was, but my response was......People are picky about the food they eat, the cars they drive, the friends they keep, the jobs they have.......but they are for the most part not very picky about the thoughts they have. And thoughts are very powerful, much more powerful than a gun, but much less paid attention to. thoughts become things.....good thoughts and bad thoughts........or I should say, functional thoughts and dis-functional thoughts.

That sloppy thinking, or haphazard thinking is why behavior of humans can be profiled. Could it be as easy to profile a person that is primarily functional in thinking as opposed to dis-functional in thinking? The FBI would tell you that their job is to profile dis-functional thinking people rather than functional thinking people.

I like the idea of profiling functional thinking people......the one that forgives Sweet when "I" hate, the one that remains silent when "I" talk.......The one that is in alignment with that ineffable eternal being that knows I can't force anything to happen......the One that allows this or something better to emerge through me.

Or as one of my mentors tells me and I am transforming the message to the meaning of this post.....ie; being in alignment; "Spend time as the one that knows your potential to feel good, the one that asks nobody to be different so that you can feel good. Spend time as the free one that is not concerned with the cumbersome impossibility of needing to control the world or needing to control anyone or anything. Spend time as the One that knows that you are the only one that can create your reality, for nobody else can think for you, it's only you.

The One that will remain standing when I die......is the non-local, ineffable eternal you that stands willing to come forth for those moments of genius, creativity, Joy, Pure Love when I allow me to.......not separate from, always available.......when my thoughts become one with I AM.

No comments:

Post a Comment