Saturday, September 25, 2010

Stephen Colbert testifying before a Congressional hearing on illegal aliens = LMAO

So, the chair of a Congressional committee on illegal aliens taking jobs from Americans invites Stephen Colbert to testify before the committee to use his celebrity to bring attention to the hearings. He was actually one of sixteen Americans that accepted a challenge by the United Farm Workers association to work a day in the fields of a farm and see what it's like for migrant workers. I guess they thought that experience qualified him as an expert witness and he would actually be serious in his testimony.

Well, he was in rare form making comments like, "picking beans requires you to bend over all day, if we can put a man on the moon, why can't we make the earth waist high.....where is the funding?" or "I don't want a Mexican picking my tomato, I want an American and then a Chilean to slice it, a Argentinian to make my sandwich with it and a Honduran to give me a Brazilian!". His comments were funny, but the looks on the congress members were priceless. They were clueless as to what was going on.

In the end when answering questions he did get serious and talked about maybe we should give these immigrants visa status and allow them to do these jobs that Americans don't want and the abuse of these people will be reduced. Stuff that just makes sense, but if we did it then the politicians wouldn't need to spend time talking about all these issues the country is facing.

My point about this topic is we make way too much out of stuff that does not serve us. A Congressional hearing on farm jobs that Americans don't want while 26% of the American population is below the poverty line? Really? Stephen Colbert put that in perspective!! LMAO!!

So what are you making too much out of that if you just dropped it, all would be fine and you would be more in alignment with your true self and life itself? Think about it and change your thoughts.

Today I am planning how to allow the last quarter of 2010 to be a springboard for a 2011 that will surpass any imagination I may have had for how good life can be. I'm going to tap into some of that vibrational escrow that I have built up and do some remarkable living, yep that's what I'm going to.........but first, my youngest son just asked me to cook up some of that fabulous breakfast faire he loves.......I love that he loves my breakfast cooking......it's the little things!! Literally, it's those little things that can bring you in alignment which then allows those big things that please you to come into your experience. Can't wait to see what comes next!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment