Sunday, April 24, 2011

Easter Sunday.......Gotta go with a resurrection theme

I know Easter Sunday is all about the resurrection of Jesus as told to us in the Bible. I happen to be a bigger fan of some of the books left out of the Mainstream Bible because they resonate with me much more, and I'm not judging the Bible or anyone that is a fan of it. My belief is that Jesus taught us to resurrect our True Selves everyday.

One of the things that I hold closest to finding truth is knowing your True Self. And for me, along with that is my highest goal of; Being connected with the flow of the Universe. For many people that is a little too esoteric or not very well defined, but for me it couldn't be more exact. The flow for me is recognizing what is brought forth from me or brought to me, recognizing it and acting from inspiration (or in-spirit-ation). And when I allow for that connection, everything is so ridiculously right, anything other than awesome just does not exist, and words cannot articulate it. When in this connection, my True Self has been resurrected from my small conditioned self.

Steven Pressfield, in his book "The War of Art" talks about it in this way. What do I feel growing inside of me? Let me bring that forth, if I can, for it's own sake and not for what it can do for me or how it can advance my standing. Deepak Chopra has a premise that helps remind me of how to get connected to the flow. I am independant of both the good and bad opnions that others have of me. Love that, it takes the Ego out of play. The Ego despises connection with the Universe, for that is where growth and expansion comes from, and neither of these states have room for the Ego.

Another process that I use for gaining that connection is to ask these questions when faced with a challenge or having a problem;

Where am I to grow?
What am I to learn?
How am I to change?
What latent possibility is waiting to emerge through me?
(All of these come from Michael Beckwith, a very tapped in Dude)

Ego does not like those questions either, too much vulnerability!!! Ha!!

Pressfield writes about another test that is now in my arsenal; Of any activity you do, ask yourself; If I were the last person on earth, would I still do it? The purpose for this is to determine your orientation. If you were all alone on the planet and you would still pursue the activity, rest assured you are doing it for growth and expansion.

So, It's Easter Sunday........I dare you to resurrect your True Self, because again, what the world needs are more people that are their True Self. Think about it, what problems would there be? And last but not least, You get what you Are and not necessarily what you want!!! Be Your True Self!!

No comments:

Post a Comment